Wednesday, April 7, 2010

An idea I have been sitting on for a while now. I loved the idea of using a nude male form, contoured chest and ribs, skinny and long in shape. My goal was to use hard shadows as an abstract disruption to the natural flow of the body, leaving features in the darkness, and barely being able to make out his face.

Turnbull


It turned out extremely pensive, thought provoking. I felt that the mask somewhat isolated yet immortalized this character. The softness and blur of the background made it feel a bit more dreamlike. Possible a feeling we can all relate to. I feel this photo shows a vulnerable state, yet remains anonymous enough to keep you questioning.

Turnbull

Thanks again to Grady for allowing me to execute this idea, you were perfect for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment