Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lots of good stuff happening. As many of you might know, I finally finished my website. I spent a total of 20 hours working with iWeb, which is amazing, by the way, and designed my site exactly how I wanted it. iWeb allows you to visually, spatially, and conceptually design your web pages, yet writes all the html for you. As well as allowing for easy maintenance and updating of your website. I feel like I should do some serious promo for this program only because I was able to finish my site, and begin working on the 11:11 site without spending a fortune hiring someone (as we thought we were going to do.

http://www.erin-stone.com

Please check it out.

I have decided to continue my series,"crazy shit on your face" (which has yet to receive a real name). I love this concept and have been so happy with the outcome of pictures I have taken like this so far. (IE- Keryn in the mud mask with pearls, and Justin with burn makeup- examples found in earlier blog posts, and Sonja in water which is on my website.) Luckily I have friends who are willing to subject themselves to a lot of discomfort for the sake of art.

Glitter tryptych

Keryn and I had a glitter explosion in my photo studio AKA my living room. I am still trying to vacuum up the leftovers, and I'm sure she is still picking glitter out of..well, everywhere. I feel like i should begin to partake in putting shit on my face, but until someone insists, i'd like to do the applying, not be the applyee.

I was hoping to get a nice triptych out of these pictures, and luckily that is the next assignment due in my photo class, so 2 birds with one stone, I guess.
I am planning on finishing up this series in time to take over a wall at the Gallery at the End of the World in Altadena, hopefully in the next month or two. I have big plans for this series. I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I have enjoyed shooting it.



AND- I am always looking for models willing to get their faces dirty, if you have any ideas or are willing to pose, please- let me know.







No comments:

Post a Comment